Sunday, November 05, 2006

Maximus visits Verulamium

Good grief, I didn't realise that Maximus Decimus Meridius visited my home town ... He seems to have some strange ideas about the Roman theatre though ;-)

In truth, John Culshaw does his excellent Russell Crowe on Dead Ringers, shown in a clip put on YouTube. Unfortunately, my favourite Dead Ringers tv sketch is not on You Tube :-( However, the script is on the Internet. It's where Simon Schama and David Starkey literally battle it out to be the top British TV Historian. Priceless. There's even an appearance by Time Team.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:50 pm GMT, Blogger Sarah Cuthbertson said...

Thanks for the Dead Ringers Gladiator sketch. It brought me Deep Joy to see it again! Since seeing the inspired Battle of the Historians skit, I can never watch Starkers or Schameless with a straight face. Or Time Team. (Pity they left out the bit about the BBC custard!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home