Monday, October 16, 2006

Roman Mysteries - BBC series

I caught wind of this a few months back, and just found something about it on the author's website. They are making a series of Caroline Lawrence's Roman Mystery books. Looks like there's lot of big names in it, and, judging from the pic, the author will also be appearing (along with Simon Callow as Pliny). I do rather like Lawrence's books, and she doesn't shy away from the more unsavoury aspects of the era, despite the books being junior fiction. There'll be five episodes, each one hour long. Some changes have been made - for example the children are a little older than in the books. It all looks very promising, and I can't wait to see it on tv.

2 Comments:

At 8:56 pm BST, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

I hope German TV will buy the rights. They buy enough crappy US shows so they can for once put the money I pay every month to good use. :)

 
At 10:25 pm BST, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

Well, I hope they don't buy the recent Robin Hood, that's for sure! I hope Roman Mysteries will be as good as it seems to be. The author seems happy, so fingers crossed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home