Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thank heavens ...

Well, finally, they've put Monty Panesar in to bowl for the Ashes. It comes to a pretty penny when someone like me (who really isn't interest in cricket) is shouting for Panesar to be allowed in. I can even tell you which county cricket team he's in (Northants). Batman reckons that part of Panesar's success is his competitive spirit - he's obviously determined to get batsmen out. I think it got the point where Australians thought they were safe from him, and now he's finally let loose, they're somewhat non-plussed.

I love it when Panesar jumps around when he bowls someone out :-) Five wickets taken already.

3 Comments:

At 7:10 pm GMT, Blogger Marg said...

It's almost a fairytale story come true isn't it! He did really well yesterday!

 
At 7:47 pm GMT, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

Marg, I see you're in Oz :-) I normally don't give a fig about the Ashes, but the news for the Poms has been so dire, that even I noticed. At least there's Panesar to brighten things up (even if his fielding can be dodgy, I hear)

 
At 10:50 am GMT, Blogger Carla said...

He got most of the runs, too, if I heard the sports report right this morning. We're still getting trounced, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home