Monday, January 29, 2007

Busy weekend

It was Resident's First Weekend in York, so it was very busy in the Small Museum. Because the locals can get in free for two days, it was extremely lively on the Saturday (our buggy parking space was packed to the gunnels at one point), and still pretty busy on the Sunday. I was Duty Manager on Saturday, and found myself running around trying to find things for a lot of the time, as well as ensuring the volunteers went for lunch and covering in general. Sunday, I was volunteering, and was asked to steward in medieval costume. It's the first time I've done that. The costume is fine (some people feel like idiots in kit; since I feel like an idiot all the time, it's not a problem for me) but I always get the suspicion I'm not pitching my spiel at the right level. I'm OK with adults for the most part, but with kids, I'm never sure quite sure if I'm on the ball. I invite them to have a look at things, and try out the crafts, but ...

I must say, on the second day, I didn't have quite the energy I had on the first. Back to normal next weekend, when I'm Duty Manager on Sunday, the opening hours are shorter and I daresay we'll have less than 20 people through the doors. But then again, I may be tempting fate to say that ...

1 Comments:

At 6:54 pm GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really love your blog, i haven't seen you keeping the posts in in some time now. Is everything ok. You can reach me here = web site traffic@simply pet supplies.com. Thanks Again Rob Dog Crates, Dog Toys ( Dog Supplies & Cat Supplies Pet Store, Dog Collars)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home