Friday, February 02, 2007

Dirty Deed is Done

The article is more or less done. In total, it only took about 4-5 hours tops. All that time I took creating other things to do.What a nitwit :-)

And next on my avoidance list is to read and review two books by April. Fab. I wasn't really courting these books - they have been thrust upon me. The non-fiction book turned up long after I'd given up hope of it appearing, and the fiction book was actually offered to me, rather than me chasing it. And the fiction book is: The Boar Stone by Jules Watson. I read the White Mare a while back, but I wasn't sufficiently fired to chase up the sequel. At least The Boar Stone is set in the 4th century, and is set in parts of Yorkshire too. I bet them horrid Romans will come in for a bashing again ... There had better not be any lorica segmenta in sight, or there'll be trouble. ;-)

4 Comments:

At 4:15 pm GMT, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

That confirms my suspicions about The White Mare. Carla gave it a detailed review that made me think, well, from the library if I can get it here, but don't want to put money on the books. It's my time of interest, but there seems to be too much of the elements that made me stay away from Manda Scott's books.

 
At 4:27 pm GMT, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

Yep, well, I'm steeling myself for Boar Stone ('grace under fire' springs to mind, especially if I have to write a review) but I am fully prepared to be proved wrong. I did however, think, that White Mare was at least competently written, so have no problems with that somewhat crucial aspect of the book. And that's the reason I agreed to review Boar Stone. If I still had White Mare, I'd be happy to send it on to you. Unfortunately, it went out in the charity bag a long while since :-(

 
At 5:17 pm GMT, Blogger Carla said...

Hope you enjoy The Boar Stone. I think I'm going to get it from the library, so you'll be reading it ahead of me - I'll be interested to see what you think.

 
At 8:02 pm GMT, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

Carla - I got the book today (an uncorrected proof). If you want me to pass it onto you when I've done my stuff, I'd be happpy to do so. Drop me a line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home