Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The slow factor

Thanks to Diane, I'm now wondering if naalbinding would make a good article as well! It's something that's useful for re-enactors who need socks, but I'm not sure if other people would do it unless they're die-hard knitters/crafters. It takes something like 4-5 hours per sock, at least, and that's using chunky wool. But an article's a possiblity. I'll have to think about it. I note that lots of photos are needed in these articles, which is doubtless another sticking point.

4 Comments:

At 10:49 am BST, Blogger Stephen said...

It takes something like 4-5 per sock, at least, and that's using chunky wool.

4-5 what? Balls of wool? Toes? Days? Knitters? I think we should be told.

(Now I'm stuck singing to myself "Naalbinding in the Marsh" and its All Your Fault.)

 
At 12:35 pm BST, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

Oops! 4-5 hours per sock :-) I've adjusted it on the blog entry ...

I think we're both showing our age (and nationality) over the 'Naalbinding in the Marsh' reference! Shall I call you Stinker Bowden?

 
At 3:10 pm BST, Blogger Stephen said...

Hmm, well I suppose that I could go around asking "have you read any good books recently?"

On the whole I think that I will continue to aspire to Beau Bowden.

 
At 5:56 pm BST, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

OK 'Beau Bowden' it is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home