Friday, September 01, 2006

Hubs a go-go

Crikey. I bought a Trust USB hub from my local Tescos the other day and it actually works. After buying it, I realised that it said it needed USB 2.0 - whatever that is. Anyway, I became convinced it wouldn't work on my ancient computer. I found the receipt the other day, and I purchased this old nag at the end of 2000, so it's coming up for six years old, which is ancient in computer terms these days. Checking on the Web, it looked grim. USB 2.0 was only adopted late 2000 or early 2001. However, it looked like some hubs could cope with with lower specs OK. The documentation with the hub was non-commital (USB 2.0 preferred).

Having been revitalised by the Broadband, it turns out that my valiant computer was also game for the hub. So now I can have the mouse plugged into one port, and the hub in the other, supplying four more slots for the likes of the Broadband modem, the scanner and the digital camera. Sorted. I hope ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home