Saturday, February 10, 2007

It's on this afternoon

I like musicals. I don't know why, but when they're on the goggle-box, I'll nearly alway clear the decks and settle down to watch. Particular favourites are: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (love the songs and there's top of the range dancing), West Side Story (same again, but more edgy), and Kiss Me Kate (songs and dancing again). But in general, I like any musical, the whackier the better (Kismet ...) And today it's Camelot. Particular reasonance for me, it being King Arthur an' all. I get the sick-bag out for How to Handle a Woman, but otherwise the musical's a naughty pleasure. Shame Richard Harris can't sing, but he does very well, as does Vanessa Redgrave (good grief).

1 Comments:

At 5:58 pm GMT, Blogger Susan Higginbotham said...

I've never seen Camelot, much to my shame. Must find a copy one of these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home