Saturday, March 11, 2006

Allergy

For some reason, something's set off my allergies. Don't know why, but since the end of last week, I've come out in dermatitis, general blotches, and puffy eyes. Cue the anti-histamines, but as soon as the tablet runs out, I start getting the symptoms again. So no forgetting about it, and I'll be taking them as long as it takes.

As ever, it's trying to work out what's causing it that's the real problem. Sometimes it's related to the time of the month (so to speak) and I am within that range at present. But it doesn't happen every month there's just a tendency for it to happen within those two weeks, so I dunno. I'm having roasted vegtables (using olive oil) regularly at lunch times at the moment. Could it be that? The olive oil is not the normal one, I got it hurriedly when I ran out. Dunno. Dunno. Will just have to stop the olive oil veggies and see if that helps ...

3 Comments:

At 4:56 pm GMT, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

I'm allergic against olive oils. Give me some mean diarrhea, they do. No fun since they're getting more and more popular even outside the typical southern French/Italian cuisine.

 
At 2:11 pm GMT, Blogger Annette said...

I wonder if your allergies are more to do with stress? When you are under stress through work or perhaps problems at home,you can always have a physical reaction. Winter can be a little depressing.

 
At 5:24 pm GMT, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

Usually allergic reactions like this are to do with some external cause - eg. smoke always sets it off, man-made fabrics rubbing against the skin will set of eczema, cat hair will put me hospital if I linger in its company, etc.

The allergy has calmed down, and I will re-introduce the olive oil at some point to see what happens. I'm half tempted to bin this 'new' oil, as I've now got the old oil that seems to be OK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home