Friday, May 19, 2006

Devil's Dance

Saddam Hussein's novel Devil's Dance has gone on sale in Japan:

It depicts a tribe living along the Euphrates River 1,500 years ago that ousts an invading force.
(From BBC website)

So that makes it a historical novel. Oh great, does that mean the Historical Novel Society will be reviewing it any time soon? Since it's in Japanese at present, probably not ...

Edit: 4pm on Friday, and I had to ring the owner to find out the result of the interview, so it was finished and not on my mind for the whole weekend. I already knew what the outcome was, of course, but the sheer carelessness of her not bothering to call would have eaten away at me. It was time to take the initiative.

1 Comments:

At 7:54 pm BST, Blogger Sarah Cuthbertson said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the job. But I'm not surprised the shop owner didn't have the courtesy to let you know. It seems all too common nowadays. Some employers even tell you that if you don't hear from them you haven't got the job. Don't hear from them by when -- a week, a month, a year? It's so inconsiderate to keep people hanging on like that. Nevertheless, KBO, as you've said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home