Friday, September 15, 2006

Leather

The other day I visited a leather supplier called LeProvo, in Newcastle. The premises are only a few minute's walk from the station. However, I got a bit lost (as usual) so it took me longer than it should. My map didn't show Charlotte Square, but I found it by following my instincts in the end. I was there to get some shoemaking supplies. My shoemaker guru was supposed to go with me, but he didn't turn up due to having a meeting at short notice. I'd already bought my ticket, so I set off.

Thanks to very helpful Jez (who does Live Action Role Playing, so has a natural interest in things historical) at LeProvo, I got several pieces of veg tan leather. It was a bit of a trial for my credit card, but the stuff will last me a while. I got some shoulder for the making of shoes, some kip - thinner than shoulder - for making pouches and the like, and some thick leather for making soles.

2 Comments:

At 8:06 pm BST, Blogger Sarah Cuthbertson said...

We got lost in Newcastle last year trying to find a museum in a street we thought we knew (Ian being a Geordie lad and me having lived there for 8 years!). It's a rabbit warren down near the river.

 
At 1:24 pm BST, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

It's a rabbit warren up the hill too ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home