Monday, May 23, 2005

Bloopers

Just revising LOTR text for the Winchester Compeition and have found one or two bloopers. Ha! Typical! This is the version that got sent to the York Writers competition, so it's definitely not worth me going on Wednesday. The main error is where the English is not specific enough and there's a little confusion about who I'm referring to. The synopsis - well - isn't looking as bad as I thought and I've hardly tweaked it at all. No actual spelling mistakes detected, as yet ...

Got to pick a pseudonym. Did think of 'No Chance,' (obvious why I thought of that one) then 'Chancer' (a little more hopeful) then 'Mrs Miggins' (as in Blackadder and Pie Shop; getting daft) but have settled on the name of one of my favourite old toys instead! I'm not saying what it is, but it's very silly, so will lighten my mood whenever I think of it. The oldest toy I've got is Golden Ted, who is 43. I know his age exactly because I got him for my first birthday. I'll doubtless get round to using his name as a pseudonym eventually ... He didn't survive 'the cut' this time because his name isn't funny enough (my Mum named him, what can I say?) Though his first name would actually be quite appropriate, as part of the lead's name in LOTR means 'golden' in Latin. Spooky or wot?!

2 Comments:

At 8:25 am BST, Blogger Olga-Lita said...

Bloopers or not, you deserve to win. So will you reveal the secret of your pseudonim? (sorry if I missed it)

 
At 12:32 pm BST, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

Many thanks Olga. Ah, well, I think I'm honour-bound not to reveal my pseudonym till after the competition (not that I reckon any judges will be reading my blog!!) It is very silly though, and will make me smile even when the piece comes back unplaced.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home