Saturday, January 21, 2006

Archery

Just realised I didn't reply to Carla's question as to how far I can shot my lovely ash bow. Short answer: I don't know! I haven't had a chance to practise. Unfortunately, the local archery group is out on the ring road, and there's no bus to get me there (especially at the moment, when a long trot is not an option). Also, I'm not actually certain if I could get the thing on the bus in the first place - it's a long bow and I'm not sure if there's room to prop it up safely ...

1 Comments:

At 10:06 am GMT, Blogger Carla said...

Not sure what the bus company would make of a longbow :-) Maybe you'll have a chance to try it out if you have re-enactment events planned for the summer - I imagine they must sometimes have archery butts set up?
I was just curious as to whether a woman's range with a bow would be shorter than a man's. Logic says it would be, because men tend to be physically stronger than women so presumably have bows with a greater draw-weight (is that the term?) and hence a greater range. But logic doesn't always work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home