Thursday, October 12, 2006

The star search finally hits paydirt

Further to my mournful declaration that I was cr*p at star-spotting, today I bagged one. There I was, minding my own business, trotting out of City Screen after picking up a programme, and I saw him. No, not Maximus, but Jimmy Carr. Who? I couldn't remember his name at the time, but knew he was a comedian. But was I right? Was it perhaps his doppelganger? A quick look at Mr Carr's website confirmed it. He is on stage tonight at the Grand Opera House. My quest is now complete. I can die happy - I have seen a celebrity in York. :-)


(Photo by Ellis O'Brien)

3 Comments:

At 2:01 pm BST, Blogger Martyn said...

York is little known hot bed for star spotting. St Nicholas Fair weekend is almost a shoe-in for sighting some minor celeb or other.

 
At 3:39 pm BST, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

St Nicholas Fair eh? I should be around in town for that on a couple of day, I shall keep my eyeballs peeled :-)

 
At 9:56 pm GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really love your blog, i haven't seen you keeping the posts in in some time now. Is everything ok. You can reach me here = web site traffic@simply pet supplies.com. Thanks Again Rob Dog Crates, Dog Toys ( Dog Supplies & Cat Supplies Pet Store, Dog Collars)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home