Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Wolf Girl

I'm sure it was Carla, via her review, who brought Wolf Girl by Theresa Tomlinson to my notice. I got it out of the library and have just finished reading it. I really enjoyed this 7th century set story. It's a children's book and is written in a very clear, direct manner. There was little in the way of material culture gaffs for me to pick up on, which fostered a general trust of the author. The story was deeply rooted in its time on several points, and it just feels right. From the author's website I learnt that it's the first part of a trilogy. I will keep my eyes opened for the sequels as I'm intrigued to see if Tomlinson can keep up the standards she has so ably set. But also, I wouldn't be at all miffed if I managed to produce a book like Wolf Girl at some point, so it's worth my while studying Tomlinson's style.

4 Comments:

At 10:06 am BST, Blogger Diane said...

It might be a bit "modern" for you, but a series I absolutely adore is the Morland Dynasty from Cynthia Harrod Eagles. I've just introduced it to my bloke's mother, and she loves it too, but it does start with the Plantage ... um ... Plantagenants ...ooh-er ... the ones wot were before the Tudors ... :o)

 
At 12:41 pm BST, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

Oh no, not more good books to read :-)

 
At 1:33 pm BST, Blogger Carla said...

I'm delighted you liked Wolf Girl, Alex! I thought it was a great read.

 
At 9:57 pm GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really love your blog, i haven't seen you keeping the posts in in some time now. Is everything ok. You can reach me here = web site traffic@simply pet supplies.com. Thanks Again Rob Dog Crates, Dog Toys ( Dog Supplies & Cat Supplies Pet Store, Dog Collars)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home