Monday, April 11, 2005

My first mosaic!

Well, there it is (see below). I didn't manage to grout it yesterday, so made sure I did it today. It's not pristine clean as the grout's still drying. Not sure about the grey grout, but that's what came with the kit. Most Roman mosaics in Britain are grouted with either pink or white mortar, from what I can tell. Anyway, spot the deliberate (ahem) mistake in the pattern??!! I'll give the answer tomorrow. On checking out Mosaic Workshop's website again, I see the pattern is from a North African mosaic, though they don't mention the date.

Since I've managed to climb out of my monthly pit of despond in the nick of time, I sent off my competition entry today. Yesterday, I dithered for most of the day, finding distractions to avoid printing the synopsis and words out. Nice thing is, the result will come fairly swiftly - there'll be a special results meeting May 25th. Hopefully, I'll be in the right frame of mind to actually go and get the gem on why I came last! btw, thanks for your encouragement, Olga; I hope you continue to enter competitions, and have success soon (I'm sure you will!)

4 Comments:

At 11:38 pm BST, Blogger Olga-Lita said...

Alex,
thank you so much for believing in me! Well, I'll keep plugging forward because I think I can't do otherwise at this point. Beautiful mosaics on your blog! (Sorry, can't spot a mistake)! And best of luck on your entry in the competition! Keep us posted!
Olga
http://olga-lita.bravejournal.com/

 
At 11:41 pm BST, Blogger Kate Allan said...

Looks good to me! Now you've made it, what are you going to do with it?

 
At 6:24 am BST, Blogger Unknown said...

This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article. Mosaic Dealers in Pune

 
At 7:54 am BST, Blogger Unknown said...

Very helpful blog.. Thank you for the information...

glazing traders in pune

 

Post a Comment

<< Home