Friday, December 30, 2005

Continuing to be British ...

Yep. It's still wintery here in Yorkshire (aka Deira, as Carla rightly points out) However, the 'snow' is now so wet as to nearly be rain here in York. But things are getting very treacherous in East Yorkshire, with the Hull-York road closed and inches of snow falling. People are staying in if they can.

This is the time of year when I often turn to a bit of creative writing - I started writing SoD (yes, the 'D' stands for Deira, btw) during Christmas a few years back. No chance this time round with lots of lecture preparation to do. Come mid-February it will be back to writing an archaeological report. And in March, I will inflict a non-fiction tome on myself. If I get it out of the way, I will have done what my archaeological 'career' has been leading to. After that, I will be more or less free to return to things fiction. Hurrah!

2 Comments:

At 3:50 pm GMT, Blogger Carla said...

Any chance of SoD ever emerging from the bottom drawer? It sounds like something I'd enjoy reading.
Carla

 
At 5:18 pm GMT, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

We've frost here right now, but tomorrow it's supposed to turn into rain - which will fall onto frozen ground. So not fun.

I agree with Carla, get this novel out of the drawer. :-)

BTW I got Cornwell's The Last Kingdom and The Pale Horseman for Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home