Sunday, March 19, 2006

Thank goodness

My practical side has set in, which means I might have a chance of getting the job :-) Got a lot of stuff to do with regard to being decently turned out. Got a dress (!) to wear, but no decent shoes. So tomorrow I'm in town looking for a pair of shoes that will support my iffy foot. It is behaving much better, but I don't want to get anything too flimsy.

I've also got to address the hair cut problem. The hairdressers I normally use are closed on Mondays, but there's a new place just round the corner from here. However they might be a bit trendy for someone with long hair who just wants a good trim!

Don't want to go into town on Tuesday, as I already do Tescos then, but also I'll want to revise and put the finishing touches to my presentation then. I've already got a draft - good grief

4 Comments:

At 9:57 pm GMT, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Lol, and there I thought the British did everything different from the continent and the hairdressers would close on Wednesday, not on Monday like everywhere else.

Good luck with the job.

 
At 8:16 am GMT, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

It's just this one that closes on a Monday - probably because they feel like it! Actually, this hairdresser opens on a Saturday, so perhaps to get a two-day 'weekend', they are closed Sunday and Monday. But the new one round the corner is open today and I'll be pesterting them instead :-)

 
At 12:37 pm GMT, Blogger Diane said...

Good luck with everything this week. At least you're sounding positive and upbeat.

 
At 5:59 pm GMT, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Lol, here they all open on Saturday and close on Monday.

Museums are often closed on Mondays, too, especially in winter. I've always planned my journeys the way I had a fun day on Mondays that involved hiking, swimming, whatever, and not visits to museums. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home