Saturday, June 10, 2006

Pig in clover

Another lovely sunny day. May it never end. The Minster bells are chiming away in the background* and all is right with the world.

I was woken this morning at 7.30am by someone excitedly shouting 'Eng-land!!!!!!' It wasn't actually the partner. Since the upstairs windows are left open, we can hear any noise off the street. This was patently a neighbour and I don't know if he was just coming back from a very long session in the pub, or had just arisen and realised that today is the day for World Cup Football - it's England v Paraguay. The partner is currently outside weeding the front garden, but will be in front of the tv by 2pm, that's for sure. I take a look as well, in my red t-shirt.

But best of all, today's mail brought the latest Historical Novel Society publications - Historical Novels Review and Solander. Yummy.

*All very well, but sometimes we can hear the Railway Station announcements or Intercity trains revving up or down too :-)

4 Comments:

At 2:10 pm BST, Blogger Sarah Johnson said...

Yay! I'm very happy to hear you got your magazines. This is the first I've heard that they were back from the printer. Hope they were worth the wait :)

 
At 5:08 pm BST, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Germany!!!!!

So there. :)

 
At 5:25 pm BST, Blogger Alex Bordessa said...

Sarah: Yes, they were worth the wait :-)

Gabriele: As an England fan, I have only a few choices for a retort ... ;-) btw, I hope our fans will remain well behaved, but sincere apologies if they don't.

 
At 6:36 pm BST, Blogger Sarah Johnson said...

Funny, I have been trying hard to ignore the loud sports match that my husband's been watching on TV. Was I surprised to turn around and see that it's World Cup Soc- uh, I mean football. :-) Must be on a tape delay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home