Monday, January 08, 2007

Bananas

An old gentleman made me smile today. I had zoomed into the local supermarket and picked up some bananas. I half noticed a chap then going to root in the banana display himself. Just as I paid for the fruit, the old chap said to me: 'Thank you for choosing the bananas. I haven't had any for a long time' He then brandished the bananas in his hand. Somehow, I'd reminded him he liked bananas, and very kindly he told me so. I nodded and smiled, and kept smiling as I trotted into town.

I've been volunteering at the Small Museum since Wednesday last week, so haven't had time to post recently. Anyway, all my hard work is paying off, as I've just been asked if I'd like to do some Duty Manager work at weekends, as well as functions that are already in the offing. This contrasts starkly with all the recent interview failures, so I'm grateful. Unfortunately, there really isn't any opportunity for anything like a permanent job at the Museum. Whilst I'm floating about, patently interviewing badly, it's a god-send to have something positive come my way.

3 Comments:

At 2:21 pm GMT, Blogger Martyn said...

Moments like that always cheer me up no end.

Great news on the museum work front as well. Clearly when you're in situ people like what you have to offer.

 
At 6:41 pm GMT, Blogger Sarah Cuthbertson said...

I bet you made the elderly gentleman's day! That's a good feeling.

Good on you re: duty manager at the Small Museum. You're obviously doing all the right stuff. All good experience to add to the CV.

 
At 6:58 pm GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really love your blog, i haven't seen you keeping the posts in in some time now. Is everything ok. You can reach me here = web site traffic@simply pet supplies.com. Thanks Again Rob Dog Crates, Dog Toys ( Dog Supplies & Cat Supplies Pet Store, Dog Collars)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home