Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Nose to the grindstone, sorta

Think I've finished tweaking my archaeology paper, for good or ill. It's going into my rucksack for when I scuttle off to London tomorrow to do the darn talk. I'll be glad when it's over.

Well, I didn't bleed to death after yesterday's fun and games with broken windows, but that's not the point. Still not sure if I can cope with anything else smashing, breaking, going wrong (figuratively or actually) etc. I want constant laughter from now on, till the day I die. Fat chance :-)

Writing would be nice, but there's not enough time for that at present (got more workmen trolling about the place next week). But at least I can still read.

2 Comments:

At 5:35 pm BST, Blogger Diane said...

You were lucky not to cut your hand on the window. My brother shoved his fist through a Georgian wired pane and would have been fine had he waited for them to cut him free. He pulled his hand back out again, though, and ripped all the ligamenty type bits in his hand and had to have years of operations to reconnect them. Yuk!

Have a great time in London - and when you get back, you may like to come and claim another tag (vbg), but I haven't strictly tagged you as that wouldn't have been fair.

 
At 7:18 pm BST, Blogger Diane said...

Oh no! Sorry to sort of tag you when you'd tagged me. But I do have a perfect excuse - I was on holiday at the time. Had just gone, in fact. (And there was me thinking I'd been keeping up with all of your news.) Well, I'm glad I didn't tag you properly now, but I'm sorry I didn't pick up your tag. I could've got one back to Shirley before she did me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home