Monday, September 12, 2005

Music and writing, again

Just seen the South Bank Show's programme on Karl Jenkins, the composer of Adiemus, and doyen of Classic FM. Even in the programme someone said his music is bland. His music is extremely pleasant, and I have got Adiemus and Palladio, but this is not music I would write by. Simply, he lacks bite and danger. One or two of his pieces start off with promise of drama, but then his good nature shines through, which nulls the impact for a bit nastiness! It's a shame really. However, he's very successful and I thoroughly understand why. He is a skilful composer. But give me the drama queens of Prokofiev and Part and I could write up a storm.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 am BST, Blogger Diane said...

Yesterday I settled down to Night Crawler for a couple of hours and loaded Virgin online onto the pc. The rock music really helped while writing from the pov of a rock dj.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home