Friday, January 27, 2006

Objecting to Romans in my hall

The dp has been digging a Roman cemetery and has brought some of the bodies home. I can't blame him - he was well loaded and is working closer to home than the office. So home is a staging post. He'll take them into work when he finishes the site on Monday. Meanwhile, there's a big bag load of Roman bones in the hall. And they might be unhappy bones, as some come from decapitated burials. The dp said:

'Not to worry. If you meet a roaming Roman in the early hours, just say 'Salve'!'

Thanks, dear :-)

The things I have to put up with. Wish I was married to Indiana Jones - at least he finds the glittery, stuff ;-) If I'm really lucky, tomorrow I'll be taking a bag of bones with me on the bus tomorrow, as we're going into town anyway and could drop them off.

2 Comments:

At 7:30 pm GMT, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

So, decapitated Romans are prone to ghost around? Is there anything special about that way of death?

With the Vikings, it's the other way round. If your house is haunted by a revenant, the only way to get rid of him is to chop his head off and bury it in a separate place. Or burn the whole thing.

Though according to the sagas chopping the head off a ghost isn't even an average Viking's idea of fun.

 
At 2:56 pm GMT, Blogger Stephen said...

"Salve"? If they're dead and decapitated I suspect that they will be in need of more than a soothing ointment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home